Parent and Community Volunteer Responsibilities
Excellence in education requires an extraordinary commitment on the part of the family, school and community. At Mayfield Academy, we believe that families are ultimately responsible for their child’s growth and development aided by a sound educational model. Parental and community involvement provides support to the inspiration that fires a love of learning. Please feel free to call: 423.920.7300
Parent and Community Volunteering & Guidelines
Volunteering is an essential role of all Mayfield Academy parents, and members of the community with expertise in trades, the arts, crafts, storytelling, agriculture, etc. are welcome and encouraged to share your talents and passions with our students.
- The applicant must submit the completed Volunteer to the Director. Proper identification such as a driver’s license will be needed. Volunteers must submit a new application each school year.
- All applicants must register for a background check.
- A file of all applicants will be maintained in the front office.
- All applicants will be notified of the results and volunteer status by the Director.
- Upon request, community volunteers may remove their names from the school’s volunteer list at any time during the school year by contacting the Director.
- Report to the office to sign in and out.
- Obtain and wear an identification badge provided by the school while volunteering.
- Follow directions of school staff, recognizing that instructing, supervising, grading and disciplining students are the responsibility of school staff.
- Work collaboratively with school staff to develop and choose appropriate activities aligned with your talents.
- Communicate with staff members to obtain clear expectations, directions and to give feedback on volunteer activities.
CODE OF CONDUCT
- DEPENDABILITY: Be responsible for your scheduled times and notify the school if you are not able to meet your commitment.
- RESPECT FOR AUTHORITY: Respect the authority of the school and the school administration.
- CONFIDENTIALITY: Do not discuss matters concerning students with anyone but the designated school staff.
- IMPARTIALITY: Do not favor any side or party in school situations.
- OBJECTIVITY: Do not allow your personal feelings to enter into your work as a volunteer.
- APPEARANCE: Dress appropriately, always remember that you are setting an example for students.
POSSIBLE VOLUNTEER PROJECTS (but not limited to)
Classroom helpers Tutors Fundraising helpers
Library helpers Chaperones Mentors
Special events helpers Gardeners Campus beautification
Look for an updated volunteer page soon.